Thursday, February 09, 2006

Let's hear it for the good guys

Quoted somewhere on Chloe’s blog way back was this:
Marge: It’s easy to criticise.
Homer: Yes, and fun too.
I’m not alone among bloggers on politics in spending much time slagging people off. It’s fun and, with Bush and New Labour and religious extremists, its easy too. But now I'll make a list of people who are for me world heroes. And because I’ve just spent the morning at the Hockney gallery at Salt Mills, which was largely the vision of Jonathan Silver, some local heroes as well. And I hope the list might be a proliferating meme, because these kind of people would give us a lot more hope if we thought about them more. So what people might do is take the list, add to it, take away from it, do what you like with it, but send it on its way. Without more ado, I’ll start - later I’ll do better links to say who these people are, but for the moment:
Wangari Maathai
Vandana Shiva
Prof. Muhammad Yunus
Paul Rusesabagina

There. I’ve got to go

No comments: